Thursday, June 11, 2009

MONSTER DOG!

Meet Chip "the ladies man" Wilson:



He's from the local area PAWS shelter. Currently we're a foster family for him, but hopefully Sunday we'll be able to adopt him! He's just about the best dog in the world (minus his love for the ladies, which I like to think of as an evolutionary advantage, however embarrassing that advantage might be). He has completely stolen my heart.

This morning he was awful sick - vomiting, bloody stool, lethargic. Took him to the vet, who just prescribed some antibiotic twice a day, but didn't really explain why. Chip is doing much better tonight, but only time will tell - I'm hoping tomorrow morning will be much better than this morning. It's hard, I think, as a scientist, to not know why things are the way they are. I'm generally dissatisfied with modern medicine for this reason: all of the uncertainty.

No comments: